Friday, July 6, 2012

Sick, Fat, & Nearly Dead - A Review

Wow, I know I'm sensitive and emotional. But, this movie really made me take a step back. In a good way.

A little background, I knew the benefits of eating a micronutrient diet, but I didn't want to go through the process of changing.

Synopsis from Netflix:
"Focusing on two men whose bodies have been trashed by steroids, obesity and illness, this documentary chronicles the rigorous healing path -- including a two-month diet of fruits and vegetables -- that both attempt in a bid to rescue their health."

I don't have much to say about it except for every American who is struggling with their weight in any way should watch this documentary. It isn't ever boring, and it's inspirational. I'm not saying everyone needs to go buy a juicer, but we should start viewing food in a different light.

Side note: I know in a previous post I talked about giving up netflix, but I decided to start saying no and doing other things. And, I have! I think something every once in a awhile I can handle. But, when it is taking up all of my free time, I have to say enough is enough! 

This movie has really jump started my desire to do at least a mini fast. Next week, my church has 3 days of prayer and fasting, and I think a 3 day juice fast would be perfect! So, I'm getting my hands on a juicer, saving my pennies and will do some grocery shopping this Saturday and Sunday to prepare for my 3 day juice fast! I know I can do it, and I know 3 days is a short time, but, with me trying to save money, it's a good place to start!

Anyone else see Sick, Fat, & Nearly Dead? What were your thoughts? Did you like it? Hate it? Have you done any juice fasting? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment